GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - A restaurant in Minneapolis is marking a landmark anniversary.
Cosmos restaurant inside Graves 601 Hotel is turning 10 years old, and what better way to celebrate than with great food!
Cosmos Executive Chef, John Occhiato, joined KARE 11 Sunrise to let us join in the celebration, and brought a lobster dish!
10th Anniversary partyThursday, November 14th from 7-10 pm
Party is open to the public. Tickets are $50 per person and can be purchased online.
The special evening event will feature a reunion of Cosmos' past executive chefs who have all been instrumental in the development of the Minneapolis dining scene
Two lobsters 1 ½ lb each
1. Separate the claws and tails from the bodies.
2. In boiling salted water cook the claws for six minutes and the tails for two minutes. Cool immediately.
3. Carefully remove the tail and claw meats from the shell.
4. Cut the tails in half and remove the digestive tract. Reserve.
1 cup dry white wine
1 bay leaf
3 tablespoons cream
4 each baby carrots, peeled and blanched
1. Simmer the wine with the peppercorns, bay leaf and shallot until most of the liquid is cooked out.
2. Add the cream and simmer four minutes.
3. Whisk the cold butter into the sauce a little at a time to form an emulsification. Keep warm
Peas and Puree:
3 cup peas, blanched
½ small onion, minced
1 sprig mint
1. Put ½ cup peas aside. Sauté the remaining peas and the minced onion in 2 T butter.
2. Barely cover with water and bring to a simmer.
3. Immediately transfer the contents to a blender.
4. Add the mint and the remaining butter and puree until smooth.
5. Add the whole peas. Chill and reserve.
1 small onion, minced
1cup carnaroli rice
2 cup dry white wine
5 cup hot water
1/3 cup buttermilk
1 lemon zested
6 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons minced chive
Salt and pepper
1. Sweat the minced onion in 3 tablespoon butter until translucent.
2. Add the rice and stir until all the grains are coated in butter.
3. Add the white wine and cook, stirring regularly, until dry.
4. Add 2 cups of the water and repeat.
5. Add 1 cup of water and repeat.
6. Finally only add a little water and continue cooking until the rice starts to become tender.