GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - May 11-17, 2014 is National Women's Health Week. Fitness expert Chris Freytag joined KARE 11 Sunrise to share real ways women can take action to improve their health.
What does it mean to be a well woman?
It's a state of mind. It's being as healthy as you can be. And, most importantly, it's about taking steps to improve your physical and mental health:
- Visit a health care professional to receive regular checkups and preventive screenings.
- Get active.
- Eat healthy.
- Pay attention to mental health, including getting enough sleep and managing stress.
- Avoid unhealthy behaviors, such as smoking, texting while driving, and not wearing a seatbelt or bicycle helmet.
How can you celebrate National Women's Health Week?
The Office on Women's Health invites women across the country to join in the celebration:
- Organize or attend Meetups.
- Pledge to be a well woman.
- Spread the word through social media, email, community listservs, and more.
- Post the National Women's Health Week Web buttons to your website or blog.