MINNEAPOLIS - Izzy's Ice Cream is hiring 25 workers this May, and they are marking National Poetry month by using Haiku poetry in hopes of attracting the cream of the crop.
A Haiku is a Japanese poem consisting of seventeen syllables, in three lines of five, seven, and five. Here's an example Izzy's provided to get inspiration flowing:
A spoon raises high
Cold greets lips, flavor behind
Inhale, taste, exhale.
Contest Entry Rules:
- Must be 14 years or older seeking employment at either Izzy's St. Paul or Minneapolis location.
- Entry must be in the form of an original haiku, other short poem, visual collage, sound/music clip by YOU! (Other creative submissions welcome)
- Send submissions to email@example.com before 6pm April 25th for your secret code to use at the Hiring Party that night
- All are welcome to the Hiring Party but those with a code get additional prizes at the event!
Hiring Party Details:
- All are welcome!
- Friday April 25th, 2014 from 7pm-11pm
- Izzy's Minneapolis location- 1100 2nd Street South Minneapolis, MN 55415
- There is metered parking available on the streets (we'll have some quarters available for the first who show up!) otherwise easily accessible by bike or public transit
- There will be games, prizes, applications to pick up, Izzy's staff and managers from the kitchen and retail shops to answer questions (Hint* Our applications do require a letter of interest and a letter of recommendation so if you come with both of those ahead of time you could hand in your application that night!)
- Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org