GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - We're one year away from the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.
Preparations are well underway in the Black Sea resort city, and venues are being built.
The city says they will be more than prepared for the athletes and spectators to arrive.
So we wondered, for those of you wanting to go to the games, what should you be preparing to be able to go on your trip?
Cindy Nelson, General Manager of Carlson Wagonlit Travel in Minneapolis offered some tips on KARE 11 Sunrise.
Top Traveler Tips
- Book airfare early. Flights will be available 331 days in advance.
- Book a package including accommodations and event tickets.
- Passport and VISA are required. Secure your VISA as soon as you know you'll be going.
- Arrive a day or two before your planned trip activities to allow for adjustment to the time change.
- Use public transportation to get around the city. If you opt for a Taxi, be sure to negotiate the rate before you get in the cab.