GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - Roads are expected to be busy for the Labor Day weekend as low gas prices could lead to record numbers of people loading up the family truckers and rolling out.
Here are the spots where traffic may get especially heavy.
For those traveling to cabin country, I-35 between Pine City and Hinckley is still reduced to one lane in each direction.
Highway 8 is also still closed between Franconia and Taylors Falls.
In the Twin Cities metro, watch out for ongoing projects along I-494 and Highway 100.
Many ramps and bridges in the east metro are back open to the motoring public.
- Ramp from WB I-694 to Rice St.
- Rice St. to WB I-694
- WB I-694 to Lexington Ave.
- Ramp from WB Hwy 36 to NB Lexington Ave.
- Carlson Pkwy ramp to SB I-494
- Ramp from WB I-394 to SB I-494
- SB I-494 is now OPEN to three lanes of traffic between Hwy 55 and I-394.
- Prior Avenue bridge is back OPEN
- Westbound E. Hennepin Ave. and southbound lanes of Johnson St. over I-35W.
- NB Johnson St. is also opened to a single lane.