GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. — KARE 11 is pleased to have been honored with eight 2019 Regional Edward R. Murrow awards, including one for Overall Excellence.
The Radio Television Digital News Association (RTDNA) has been honoring outstanding achievements in electronic journalism with the Edward R. Murrow Awards since 1971. Award recipients demonstrate the spirit of excellence that Murrow set as a standard for the profession of electronic journalism.
The categories KARE received top honors in are:
- Feature Reporting – Boyd Huppert, Eddie’s Sign
- Sports Reporting – Boyd Huppert, Ely Marathon
- Hard News – Boyd Huppert, Huppert Dairy
- News Documentary – A.J. Lagoe, A Pattern of Denial
- Investigative Reporting – A.J. Lagoe, Sex Trafficking: A Failure to Fine
- News Series - A.J. Lagoe, Sex Trafficking: A Failure to Fine
- Excellence in Writing – Boyd Huppert
- Overall Excellence – KARE 11
KARE is the only TV station in the Twin Cities market to be selected as a Regional Murrow winner in any category.
For the entire list of Region 4 Edward R. Murrow winners, check out the RTDNA website.