GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - With Thanksgiving just around the corner, Chef Paul Lynch from Urbana Craeft Kitchen will share his tips for the holiday.
Tip #2 – The Perfect Make-Ahead Side
Thanksgiving Day is already hard enough with a full menu to cook and relatives galore, so why not make the day easier with a few sides that can be made in advanced and just heated up before serving? Chef Paul’s favorite is a maple glazed yam dish with Haralson apples and walnuts.
Not Your Mother’s Maple Glazed Yams
10 ½ pounds Tart Cooking Apples, approx: 6 apples
1 ½ pounds Yams
2 tablespoons Brown sugar
6 tablespoons Maple syrup
½ cup Whole butter
1 tablespoon Rosemary, chopped
1 cup walnuts
• Using an apple peeler machine, peel, core and slice apples. Cut in half.
• Peel yams, cut in half end to end then slice 3/8" thick, creating half circles.
• Alternate slice of yam and two slices apples in casserole dish. Drizzle with maple syrup and chopped rosemary. Sprinkle with brown sugar and dot with slices of cold butter.
• Cover with aluminum foil, bake at 350 for 50 minutes
• Remove foil sprinkle with walnuts and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
Too stressed to tackle the holiday on your own? Urbana Craeft Kitchen has three options to be grateful for this Thanksgiving:
• Let yourself relax this Thanksgiving and enjoy a three-course meal with a traditional local Ferndale Turkey dinner for just $29.95 per adult and $12.95 per child (ages 6 – 12). As a special bonus, Thanksgiving diners will also receive complimentary Black Friday Parking and transportation to the Mall of America, beginning at 4:30 a.m.
• Don’t let the hassle of cooking for a large group take away from spending time with family and friends. Call in advance and Chef Paul Lynch will take care of your turkey dinner! Orders are available for up to 8 people and must be placed by Nov. 20.
• Treat yourself to an indulgent a classic holiday pie, Urbana’s Maple Praline Pumpkin Pie, made with local pumpkins and honeycrisp apples, and Minnesota maple syrup. Pre-order yours by Nov. 20.
Urbana Craeft Kitchen is located adjacent to the Hyatt Regency by Mall of America at 3200 East 81st Street in Bloomington. For more information, visit www.urbanacraeftkitchen.com.