GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. - It’s that time of the year – grad party season!
As students gear up for their upcoming graduation ceremonies, proud parents are planning parties to celebrate them. Kelly Bollis of MAVEN events has some tips on how to throw a great party that will impress grads and guests alike.
1. Personalize your decorations - A great way to find unique and one-of-kind goods is by shopping at thrift or value stores, or DIY - card boxes, punch bowls, serving plates, etc.
2. Big batch mocktails - These trendy drinks are major crowd pleasers for those who will be party hopping.
3. Get together games - Everyone loves a good lawn game so be sure to include ladder golf, corn hole, bocce ball or even giant jenga!
4. Eat local - Tons of great local businesses offer catering with a variety of food options and it’s one less item to worry about preparing.
• Restaurants like DAVANNI’S offer various menu items, cater for large groups and deliver!
5. Plan for the after party - The party probably won’t stop at its designated end time. Be prepared with extra food and plenty of activities.