Having a little too much fun in the sun? Relieve your sunburn with these three all-natural remedies created by DIY expert Robert Mahar.
These quick fixes will leave your skin feeling refreshed and ready for the week ahead!
Sunburn Relief Spray
- 4 oz aloe vera liquid
- 2 oz organic green tea (brewed and cooled)
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
Combine all three ingredients and place in an 8 oz spray bottle. Mist onto suborned skin and allow to air dry. For added cooling effect, keep mixture chilled in refrigerator.
Sunburn Relief Bath
- 2 cups colloidal oatmeal
- 1/2 cup baking soda
Combine ingredients and add to a tepid/cool bath. Soak for 15 to 20 minutes, do not rinse and either gently pat yourself dry with a towel or preferably air dry.
Sunburn Relief Cubes
- Aloe vera liquid (non-potable) or aloe vera beverage (potable)
Fill an ice cube tray with aloe vera liquid or aloe vera beverage. Place in freezer until solid. Apply aloe vera ice cubes topically to sunburned skin.
- Avoid sunburn by wearing a hat and sunglasses and apply a good sunscreen.
- Severe sunburn should be treated by a physician. These remedies are meant to provide temporary relief to mild sunburn.
MORE FROM THE KIN COMMUNITY: