ST PAUL, Minn. — We celebrated The Robbinsdale "Blue Ribbon Baker's" big 100th birthday Saturday morning in the KARE Barn.
The lovely lady has officially been gracing the world with her sweetness and enthusiasm for a century.
Marjorie has won thousands of blue ribbons over the years for her baked goodies. She has also made appearances on national television such as the 'Tonight Show' and 'The Talk.'
She was honored by Gov. Tim Walz when he proclaimed Aug. 31 Marjorie Johnson Day at the KARE Barn.
Check out her delicious banana bread recipe below!
MARJORIE'S 2019 HONEY BANANA BREAD RECIPE:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs. added one at a time
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream butter with honey and sugar.
- Add vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time and beat well.
- Beat in mashed bananas.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to banana mixture with the buttermilk.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour batter into 2 greased 7 1/ 2 by 3 1/2 inch loaf pans.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Turn out on a wire rack to cool,
*Makes 2 small loafs 7 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches.