GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. — In search of fresh ideas for fish dishes to serving during Lent? How about swapping out – and switching up -- your typical “Taco Tuesday” for a fish-friendly Friday night dinner?
Terri Chaffer, owner of Love that Olive in Maple Grove, joined us in studio to demonstrate how to make fun, tasty fish tacos. She also showed us the “secret” to a fuss-free way to easily elevate the flavor for virtually any dish.
Lime Coconut Fish Tacos
4 Halibut Filets (or your favorite fish or seafood: tilapia, orange roughy, scallops, shrimp, or Mahi Mahi)
1 Avocado, diced
1 C. Red Cabbage, shredded
¾ C. Arugula
4 Flour Tortillas
4 Tbsp. *Lime EVOO, divided
3 Tbsp. *Toasted Coconut White Balsamic vinegar, divided
½ Tbsp. *Cloister Salted Honey
• Drizzle 3 Tbsp. Lime EVOO over your fish, salt and pepper to taste
• Sauté 6-8 minutes on medium heat until golden brown, turn and continue cooking 4-5 minutes until golden brown
• Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. Toasted Coconut balsamic
• Prepare by filling the soft tortillas with your choice of fish
• Add the avocado
• Add shredded red cabbage
• Add arugula
• Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar
• Top with the Salted Honey
• Serve and Enjoy!
*Available at Love that Olive, Maple Grove