MAPLE GROVE, Minn. — A new sweets shop in Maple Grove specializes in hand-crafted baked goods, ice cream and cookie dough.
Dawn Olson-Wallerus, owner and cake artist, started the business at home and recently brought it to a storefront in partnership with Troy Reding, owner of Ally Restaurants. The new brick-and-mortar store opened Feb. 3, and offers custom cakes, gluten-free options, grab-and-go treats and more.
Olson-Wallerus offers the secret steps to her delicious cakelettes.
(Choose your own flavors)
- Freshly baked cake
- Cut two small rounds (use a biscuit cutter or top of a jar)
- Place one cake round on a plate
- Add a layer of mousse
- Top with second cake round
- Add another layer of mousse
- Pour ganache over entire stack
- Top with sprinkles before ganache sets
Sugar and Space Sweetery is located at 15621 Grove Circle North, by Maple Grove Hospital.