GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn — Terri Chaffer, of Love That Olive joined us in studio to share her secrets on how she’s managed to shed more than 40 pounds in just 4 months and keep them off – even through the holidays! Hint? She says fresh, flavorful Extra Virgin Olive Oils and infused Balsamic Vinegars are surprisingly easy ways to add flavor and texture without bad fats or sugars getting in the way of many of your favorite foods.
Case in point, her impressive recipe for a “Power Salad.” It’s packed with color, taste and texture to leave you feeling satisfied, plus there are not processed salad dressings full of preservatives, corn syrup and artificial ingredients.
Learn these tips and many more at Love That Olive’s 10th Anniversary Celebration. Terri is paying it forward with a day of fun events at the Maple Grove Community Center on Feb. 8, including classes and a party with a 10-piece band, dessert bar and more.
All proceeds benefit Wishes & More – a Minnesota-based charity that helps children of all ages. Details are available on the Love That Olive Facebook page.
LOVE THAT OLIVE POWER SALAD
- ½ head Butter Lettuce, cut into small pieces
- ½ C. Purple Cabbage, shredded
- ¼ C. Green Onion, chopped
- 1 Apple, cut into small pieces
- 1 C. Strawberries, cut into slices
- ½ English Cucumber, cut into small pieces
- 1 C. Quinoa, cook as directed on package, drain
- 1 C. Orange Slices 2 Chicken Breasts, cut into small cubes (sauté in 2 Tbsp.
- *LTO Basil olive oil, part of the 6 Tbsp.) 4 Tbsp.
- *Lemon Cucumber Balsamic vinegar 6 Tbsp. *LTO Basil EVOO
- • Sauté Chicken in 2 Tbsp. Basil EVOO
- • Prepare vegetables and fruit
- • Cook Quinoa according to directions on package
- • Toss Chicken, vegetables, fruit and Quinoa in a bowl
- • Drizzle Balsamic and Basil Olive oil
- • Toss
- • Serve
MORE RECIPES: Eat this for a healthy heart
Check out more recipes on our YouTube playlist!