GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. — Though your home team may not be part of the big game next weekend, you can bring a winning dish to a Super Bowl gathering, plus get extra points for helping friends keep their New Year’s resolutions.
Sue Moores, Kowalski’s Markets nutritionist offers a couple tasty dishes worth cheering about.
BLUE CHEESE FLATBREAD WITH ROASTED GRAPES
*SERVES 8 AS AN APPETIZER
- 3 oz. creamy blue cheese
- 1 loaf Manoucher Fokachio or Barbaree (Sesame Seed) Bread
- 1 recipe Roasted Grapes (recipe below)
- 2 tsp. finely minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp. Kowalski's Honey, gently warmed in the microwave
- 1 tbsp. snipped fresh chives
- Coarsely ground Kowalski's Sea Salt and Black Peppercorns, to taste
- Smear chunks of cheese on the bread, leaving chunks in a rustic fashion; scatter roasted grapes and rosemary over the cheese, pressing into cheese to help them adhere.
- Bake in a preheated 425° oven (preferably on a baking stone) until cheese is melted and bubbly (7-9 min.).
- Drizzle with warm honey; sprinkle with chives.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
ROASTED GRAPES: In a medium mixing bowl, toss ½ lb. halved seedless red grapes with 1 ½ tsp. Kowalski’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Bake on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet in a preheated 400° oven, shaking pan occasionally, until grapes begin to blister (about 15 min.).
KALBI CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
- ½ cup Kowalski's Original Kalbi Marinade, plus more for serving
- 1-1 ¼ lbs. boneless skinless chicken breast tenders
- 1 ½ tsp. canola oil
- ½ cup fresh bean sprouts, rinsed
- ½ cup matchstick-cut carrots
- ½ cup (about 1 small pepper) thinly sliced red bell pepper strips
- 1 head Bibb or iceberg lettuce, rinsed and drained, leaves separated
- Garnishes, to taste: toasted sesame seeds, thinly sliced green onions and finely chopped fresh cilantro
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine marinade and chicken, turning to coat; refrigerate for 30 min.
- Grill chicken over a grill preheated to medium-high heat, covered, until no longer pink (about 4 min. per side), turning once.
- Remove from heat and let rest for 3-5 min.
- While chicken rests, heat oil over medium-high heat in a medium nonstick skillet.
- Add sprouts, carrots and peppers; cook and stir until crisp-tender (about 3 min.).
- Coarsely chop chicken.
- To serve, scoop chicken into lettuce leaves; top with veggies.
- Drizzle with Kalbi to taste and garnish as desired.