GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. — Summer grilling season is here and Macy's Lakeshore Grill Chef Joe Studenberg shares some tips for upping your grilling game by serving up the Smoky Espresson BBQ burger! If you'd prefer to let someone else do the cooking/grilling, Lakeshore Grill is taking reservations at 952-591-6640 or just walk in.
Smoky Espresso BBQ Burger
1 Brioche Bun
1 tablespoon Butter
7 ounces Prime Chuck Ground Beef Patty
⅛ teaspoon Salt & Pepper
⅛ teaspoon Smoked Hot Paprika
½ ounce Salt and Pepper Kettle Chips, crumbled
1 ounce Espresso BBQ Sauce (see recipe below)
2 strips Applewood-Smoked Bacon, cooked
1 leaf Butter Lettuce
1 ounce Roma Tomato, sliced
¼ ounce Red Onion, sliced
Espresso BBQ Sauce Ingredients:
2 tablespoon Olive Oil Blend
2 tablespoon Garlic Cloves, minced
1 cup Ketchup
1 cup Honey
½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
¼ cup Soy Sauce Lite
¼ cup Brewed Espresso
For Espresso BBQ Sauce
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over moderately low heat. Add the garlic and sauté until it is golden brown. Remove from heat and let the garlic cool in the oil. Whisk in the ketchup, honey, vinegar, soy sauce and espresso.
- Simmer gently for 15 to 20 minutes to blend the flavors, until it thickens slightly to the consistency of a thin corn syrup. It will thicken a little as it cools. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Season burger well on both sides with salt, pepper, paprika and place on a hot grill. After about 1.5 minutes, turn patty 90 degrees. After another minute or two, turn over. Medium rare takes approximately 5 minutes.
- Split roll, butter and toast. Place half of the crumbled chips on the bun bottom, topping with grilled burger. Top with Espresso BBQ Sauce, 2 strips of bacon and remaining crumbled chips. Place lettuce, tomato and onion on bun top.
- Serve with seasoned fries and pickles.