GOLDEN VALLEY, Minnesota — You ready for this? Throw on your favorite "Jock Jams" because a good playoff party begins with great food. Hy-Vee dieticians helped the Sunrise crew kick off a studio celebration for the Vikings with appetizers galore.
Along with wings, pretzel bites, and egg rolls, the Hy-Vee crew added two healthy dips: Elote Guacamole and Layered Greek Hummus.
The Elote Guacamole is ready in just 10 minutes and you can add corn and cotija cheese for extra flair.
Here's what you need:
- 1 (16-oz.) container refrigerated classic guacamole
- ½ c. mayonnaise
- ½ (11-oz.) can Mexican-style corn, drained, plus additional for garnish
- 2 tsp. fresh lime juice
- Cotija cheese, crumbled, for garnish
- Smoked paprika, for garnish
- tortilla chips, for serving
Stir together guacamole, mayonnaise, 1/2 can Mexican-style corn and lime juice in a medium bowl.
Transfer the mixture to a serving bowl. Garnish with Cotija cheese, remaining Mexican-style corn, and smoked paprika, if desired. Serve with tortilla chips.
Layered Greek Hummus Dip
- Two 10 oz containers of Babas Creamy, Dreamy Traditional Hummus
- ¾ cup chopped English cucumber
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped
- ¼ cup sliced olives
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ - ½ crumbled feta cheese
- To serve: veggies, whole grain crackers, tortilla chips
1. Spread hummus on a 10-inch serving platter. Top with cucumbers, tomato, olives, green onions and feta cheese.
2. Serve with veggies, whole grain crackers or tortilla chips!
Get more recipes:
Watch the latest recipes featured on KARE 11 News in our YouTube playlist: