Get the biggest deals delivered to your inbox! Click here to sign up for the DEALBOSS newsletter.
"Grandma, what was a grocery store?"
OK, we're not there — yet. But as more retailers offer services that encourage consumers to shop online, it's understandable to have doubts about the future of big box stores and supermarkets.
Retailers that are doing more for online shoppers include Walmart, which announced earlier this week that it was going to offer next-day delivery on some items. The retail giant also gained attention in January with a commercial that used well-known Hollywood vehicles like the Batmobile to promote its service that offered curbside pickup of groceries ordered online.
Now Walmart is promoting that service by offering shoppers $10 off when they spend at least $50 on groceries online and select curbside pickup.
To receive the discount, add at least $50 in groceries to your cart at grocery.walmart.com, then select pickup and use the promo code LA9ARAAC when checking out.
Of course, you might not be able to take advantage of the discount if you don't have a car. You might just have to wait for Amazon to offer deals on drone delivery from Whole Foods.
MORE FROM DEALBOSS:
- Xbox games are up to 85 percent off today and under $10; here are 6 great deals
- This $60 security cam is better than the Nest
- The best Oakley deals of the season are online right now
- The best luggage and suitcases you'll find at Prime Day prices today
- There are designer shoes and sandals on sale for under $35 today
- A deal for your spring DIY projects: this 14-pound ladder can hold 330 pounds
The station’s journalists were not involved in writing this story. This Station and its parent company may receive a share of the revenue from the retailer that sells the product if you make a purchase through a link on this page.