GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. — The KARE 11 Food Fight is still a week away, but you can donate NOW to support your favorite anchor team.
The competition is heating up as we near Food Fight day, which is Tues., Nov. 26. Local businesses have stepped up to join the competition and welcome you to stop in and donate to your favorite team.
Here are some of the many ways you can help:
Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union
Affinity Plus Federal Credit Union is welcoming anyone (member or not) to stop in and donate dollars to your favorite team. You can also take a selfie with the anchor on a stick. Affinity Plus has 28 locations throughout the metro. The credit union's CEO will also match all donations up to $10,000.
- Grizzly's of Plymouth has joined #TeamBel and is offering a free beer to anyone that donates 5 canned goods on Nov. 22 from 11 a.m. to midnight. Bobby will also be on hand to answer gardening questions from 3 p.m. - 6 p.m.
- University of Minnesota Landscape Arboretum has joined #TeamBel and is offering free entry to anyone who brings a can of food on Nov. 25 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Grocery Partner Donations (available at all MN locations below)
- Whole Foods (#TeamRandy) - Bring a reusable bag and donate your 10 cents back to SHH
- Cub Foods (#TeamPerk) - Purchase Turkey Bucks at the register
- Lunds & Byerlys (#TeamJulie) - Make a donation at the register
- Kowalski's Markets (#Team Bel) - Make a donation at the register
Team Specific Food Drop Offs (check for each locations hours, collection will happen now through Nov 25th)
- Rock Elm Tavern, Plymouth
- Robbinsdale City Hall
- Evolve Salon
- Minnesota United FC Team Store, Allianz Field
- Radisson RED Downtown, Minneapolis
- Applebee's Plymouth & New Hope
- TruStone Financial Credit Union, Golden Valley
- Surly Brewing
- Surly Brewing
- Ridgedale Mall
- Burn Boot Camp - Maple Grove
- Minneapolis Fire Stations
Don't forget, you can also donate using our Give 11 page to #TeamRandy (Randy Shaver and Gia Vang), #TeamJulie (Julie Nelson and Sven Sundgaard), #TeamBel (Belinda Jensen and Kris Laudien), or #TeamPerk (Eric Perkins and Alicia Lewis).