KARE 11 accepts grant proposals from qualified non-profit organizations that serve Minnesota and Western Wisconsin. Grants are awarded through the TEGNA Foundation, a corporate foundation sponsored by TEGNA Co., Inc.
We provide grants to organizations in the communities in which TEGNA owns a television station. The Foundation's mission is to serve the greater good of the community.
We value projects that take a creative approach to fundamental issues facing our community, including education, youth development, hunger, emergency assistance to families and individuals in crisis and environmental conservation.
Local Guidelines & Information
- Applications are reviewed on an annual basis, but can be submitted anytime during the year
- Applications should be postmarked no later than February 28th or August 29th.
- Typical grant amounts range from $1,000 - $5,000
- Grant requests should be program specific and not for general operating funds/salaries
- Grants will not be awarded for scholarships or start-up monies
- KARE 11 adheres to the guidelines described on the TEGNA Foundation's website
Your grant proposal must contain the following information:
1. Completed TEGNA Foundation Grant Application Form
2. IRS letter of determination for 501(c)3 tax exemption
3. Your organization’s non-discrimination policy
4. One-page project budget, and a one-page summary organizational budget
5. Project proposal of no more than three pages that includes:
- Needs statement
-objectives of the project to be funded
-whether the project is new or ongoing
-constituency to be served
-community and volunteer involvement
- Sustainability statement
-your organization's qualifications to carry out the project
-how the project will be evaluated
-plans for continued funding, committed and applied for
6. Pertinent recent publications may also be included
Completed proposals should be sent, postmarked by Aug. 29, to:
KARE 11 TV
TEGNA Foundation Grant Request
8811 Olson Memorial Highway
Minneapolis, MN 55427
Applicants should plan on a 90-120-day waiting period while the committee reviews and finalizes funding decisions. All applicants will be notified of funding decisions.