GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. — The Fastenal Parallel 45 Winter Festival has been set for March 14-17 at Theodore Wirth Park.
These four days will be filled with craft beer gardens, food trucks, fat-tire bike races, skijoring races, presentations from past Olympians, and more. The festival will end with the 2020 Coop FIS Cross Cross Country Ski World Cup Sprint Finals on March 17.
Expect to see the best of Minnesota winter sports at this unique festival. The event will also feature musical artists like Brother Ali, Bad Bad Hats, and the Okee Dokee Brothers. You can find a full musical line up for the Parallel 45 Village here.
Part of the inspiration for bringing this event to Minnesota was Olympic gold medalist, Jessie Diggins, who hails from Afton, Minnesota. During the 2018 Winter Olympics, she and teammate Kikkan Randall captured a gold medal in the women’s team sprint, becoming the first American cross-country skiers to win a gold.
This event is sure to have something for everyone, featuring competitive and non-competitive events for all ages and skill levels. Visit the Loppet Foundation’s page for a full list of events.
- Parallel 45 Cup: Skiers, skijorers, and bikers can compete in a traditional sprints and distance ski runs.
- Snowball in Hell: Thrill seekers can test the limits in SkiCross and Fat-tire Bike Cross races.
- Midwest Youth Championships & MyXC Festival: Youth of all abilities can participate in various competitive and non-competitive races.
- Fast & Female: Kikkan Randall along with 50 previous U.S. Women’s Olympic team members will lead these relays for girls 8-14 and a Power Hour talk for all ages.
- Non-Competitive Events: Even if you aren’t a competitive racer you can still take part in the event and ski the Loppet course.
KARE 11 is a proud sponsor of this event and invites you to come cheer on Minnesota native Jessie Diggins as she and the U.S. Ski Team take on the world’s fastest cross-country skiers on March 17. Use code KARE5OOFWC to get $5 off an Infield ticket when you purchase tickets at mnworldcup.com. This code expires March 2 at 11:59 p.m.