MINNEAPOLIS — Allina Health is asking anyone able to donate protective masks to drop them off at designated locations so that health care workers can have protection when treating patients.
There is a huge demand for masks as the health care needs of the community grow due to the coronavirus.
Factory made N-95 masks and ear loop masks are needed, but you can also contribute hand-sewn masks if you are able to make them.
For instructions on how to sew a mask click here.
Masks can be donated safely starting Sunday, March 22 through April 5, from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. at most Allina Health hospitals.
When donating, remain in your car and a staff member will come and collect the items from you. Look for “mask donation” signage.
Here is where you can donate:
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital, 800 E 28th St, Minneapolis, MN
- Abbott Northwestern Hospital – West Health, 2805 Campus Dr, Plymouth, MN
- Buffalo Hospital, 303 Catlin St, Buffalo, MN
- Cambridge Medical Center, 701 S Dellwood St, Cambridge, MN
- District One Hospital, 200 State Ave, Faribault, MN
- Mercy Hospital - Mercy Campus, Coon Rapids, Mercy Specialty Center, 11850 Blackfoot St NW, Coon Rapids, MN
- Mercy Hospital - Unity Campus, Fridley, 550 Osborne Rd, Fridley, MN
- New Ulm Medical Center, 1324 5th St N, New Ulm, MN
- Owatonna Hospital, 2250 NW 26th St, Owatonna, MN
- Regina Medical Center, 1175 Nininger Rd, Hastings, MN
- River Falls Area Hospital, Wisconsin, 1629 E Division St, River Falls, WI
- St. Francis Regional Medical Center, 1455 St. Francis Ave, Shakopee, MN
- United Hospital, 333 Smith Ave N, St. Paul, MN
- Courage Kenny Rehabilitation, Golden Valley, 3915 Golden Valley Rd, Golden Valley, MN
AutoNation Ford is also putting its resources to use in the push to collect masks, by announcing that starting Monday, March 23 the dealership will use its 40+ delivery vehicles that are already visiting auto repair and body shops to collect any donated face masks. Simply hand your N95 or N100 masks to an autoNation driver, or call the parts line at 651-484-8888 to schedule a pick up.
KARE 11’s coverage of the coronavirus is rooted in Facts, not Fear. Visit kare11.com/coronavirus for comprehensive coverage, find out what you need to know about the Midwest specifically, learn more about the symptoms, and keep tabs on the cases around the world here. Have a question? Text it to us at 763-797-7215. And get the latest coronavirus updates sent right to your inbox every morning. Subscribe to the KARE 11 Sunrise newsletter here. Help local families in need: www.kare11.com/give11.
The state of Minnesota has set up a hotline for general questions about coronavirus at 651-201-3920 or 1-800-657-3903, available 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
More information on the coronavirus: