The Food Group, Surly Gives a Damn (SGAD) and 10 local liquor stores are putting together an emergency food drive for people in need.
You can bring non-perishable foods to any of 10 locations from April 1 to April 30. Drop the food in the The Food Group giant blue bin, and snap a photo of the QR code to get a coupon for a free pint at the Surly Beer Hall. The coupon can be redeemed once the brewery reopens.
"In the 10 years that SGAD has worked with The Food Group, the need to provide meals to our community has never been greater," said Mary Sellke, executive director, SGAD. "We'd love to see the bins filled every day of the emergency food drive so we make sure more Minnesotans know where their next meal will come from. I know we can do this during our essential supply runs, and then by staying home."
Participating locations include:
- Dinkytown Wine & Spirits | 1412 5th St. SE, Minneapolis, MN 55414
- Elevated Beer, Wine & Spirits – Minneapolis | 4135 Hiawatha Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55406
- Elevated Beer, Wine & Spirits - White Bear Lake | 2141 4th St., White Bear Lake, MN 55110
- France 44 Wines & Spirits | 4351 France Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55410
- Minnehaha Lake Wine & Spirits | 2613 E Lake St., Minneapolis, MN 55406
- Morelli's | 535 Tedesco St., St. Paul, MN 55130
- Sentyrz liquor & Supermarket | 1612 NE 2nd St., Minneapolis, MN 55413
- Stinson Wine, Beer & Spirits |2315 18th Ave NE, Minneapolis, MN 55418
- Surdyk's Liquor & Cheese Shop | 303 E Hennepin Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55414
- Central Avenue Liquors |2538 Central Ave NE, Minneapolis, MN 55418
For more information on the emergency food drive is on Surly Brewing's website. If you're looking for more ways to help our community SGAD and The Food Group keep opportunities up-to-date on their websites.
KARE 11’s coverage of the coronavirus is rooted in Facts, not Fear. Visit kare11.com/coronavirus for comprehensive coverage, find out what you need to know about the Midwest specifically, learn more about the symptoms, and see what companies in Minnesota are hiring. Have a question? Text it to us at 763-797-7215. And get the latest coronavirus updates sent right to your inbox every morning. Subscribe to the KARE 11 Sunrise newsletter here. Help local families in need: www.kare11.com/give11.
The state of Minnesota has set up a hotline for general questions about coronavirus at 651-201-3920 or 1-800-657-3903, available 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
MORE UPLIFTING NEWS: Teachers shown the love as they parade past students
MORE UPLIFTING NEWS: 'Minnesota's Central Kitchen' forms to provide meals for those in need
More information on the coronavirus: