MINNEAPOLIS - Can't grasp that we're on the cusp of the holidays? This might help.
Holidazzle announced Thursday that the annual holiday tradition will return to Loring Park in Minneapolis beginning November 23. Organizers say it will combine the classic favorite activities with a collection of new stuff that will add to the holiday cheer of visitors.
Among the new additions:
- The Thwing, an interactive multi-person swing
- Downtown sleigh rides to and from Nicollet in downtown’s core, with Mpls Downtown Improvement District activities on Nicollet at pick-up point
- Photo opportunities inside giant snow globes
- Alpacas and rescue animals on site during first four Sundays (Nov. 25, Dec. 2, 9, 16)
- Storytime sessions on Sundays
- S’mores station with specialty marshmallows each Friday night
- Silent disco skating on Thursday nights
- Adult Craft & Vinyl Night in Fulton Beer Garden on Thursday nights
- Drag Queen Bingo at the Fulton Beer Garden on Friday nights
- Sunday brunch at Holidazzle, including mimosas at Sociable Cider Werks, Micheladas at Fulton Beer Garden and Holidazzle Hash at Kabomelette
Plus, the annual favorites that will return for Holidazzle 2018.
- Holidazzle Fireworks presented by Xcel Energy (Nov. 23, Dec. 1, 8, 15, 22)
- Meet Santa and take photos for free during all Holidazzle hours
- 10 Movie Nights presented by U.S. Bank (featuring movies like Frozen, The Mighty Ducks, The Santa Clause, A Christmas Carol, Groundhog Day and more)
- Free skating with complimentary skates available at Wells Fargo Mpls WinterSkate
- Kids Zone area
- Local Musical Performances
- Bonfires & Warming House
Local establishments and vendors will be on site with food and beverage options, and there will be designated Free Ride Nights on Metro Transit Buses and light rail trains.
Visit the Holidazzle schedule page for details.