Minneapolis St. Paul News, Weather, Traffic, Sports | Minneapolis, Minnesota | kare11.com

Joshua Dow sentenced to 20 years in Adelle Jensen's 2015 murder

Dow pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the case last month.
Credit: MN DOC
Joshua Dow, currently in prison, pleaded guilty to second degree murder in the shooting death of his girlfriend.

MINNEAPOLIS — A Minneapolis man has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for the 2015 murder of his girlfriend, who was also the mother of his child

Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman announced Joshua Dow was sentenced to 240 months in prison for the murder of Adelle Jensen. The sentence was the result of a plea agreement, after Dow pleaded guilty to second-degree murder charges on Nov. 8.

According to a news release from the Hennepin County Attorney's Office, Jensen's body was never found, but new evidence gathered over the past four years led prosecutors to a clearer picture of what happened to her. 

Prosecutors said Dow shot Jensen in his home in north Minneapolis early in the morning on Nov. 18, 2015, then hid her body in a warehouse. According to the County Attorney's release, Dow lied to police and Jensen's parents about seeing her alive, then dismembered the body and disposed of the remains in different areas of the city.

RELATED: Man pleads guilty in girlfriend's murder 4 years after the crime

Adelle Jensen

The County Attorney's news release quoted a victim impact statement read in court by Jensen's mother, who said, “For the past four years, Joshua Dow has created many victims. [Victim’s minor daughter] has been without her mother, our girls have been without their sister, we have been without our beloved daughter. And many, many family members and friends have been devastated by the horrific murder of Adelle Katherine Jensen. Joshua Dow is solely and heinously responsible for taking away a beautiful young soul from God’s world.”

Other family members also shared similar statements in court.

RELATED: Family of missing woman asks public for help

Dow is already in prison, after previously pleading guilty to drug charges and interfering with a dead body in 2016. He was originally scheduled to be released after serving that sentence as soon as February 2020.