GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. — Visit the 5-8 Club to support Meals on Wheels this November!
Throughout the month of November, guests can visit any of the 5-8 Club’s four locations to support Metro Meals on Wheels. From Nov. 1 through 30, $1 from each purchase of the Thanksgiving Juicy Lucy or the Great Pumpkin cocktail will be donated to Meals on Wheels. Guests can also donate $2 to receive a $5 coupon valid for the month of December.
These festive specials will bring seasonal comfort and flavors all month long. Ground turkey stuffed with American cheese, cranberries and stuffing, the Thanksgiving Juicy Lucy is also topped with turkey gravy, crispy green beans and the 5-8 Club’s onion straws. Cocktail lovers can have dessert in a glass with the Great Pumpkin – featuring RumChata, vanilla vodka and pumpkin liqueur. The 5-8 Club’s Minneapolis location will offer a seasonal beer – Great Lakes Brewing Company’s Edmund Fitzgerald Porter – instead of a cocktail.
Donations from the purchases of these specials at the 5-8 Club will support Meals on Wheels Blizzard Boxes. Meals on Wheels provides Blizzard Boxes filled with shelf-stable meals to ensure our neighbors get the food they need, regardless of the weather.
The 5-8 Club has locations in Minneapolis, Maplewood, Champlin and West St. Paul. For more information and hours, visit their website.
5-8 CLUB'S THANKSGIVING JUICY LUCY RECIPE
- 8oz Ground Turkey
- 1 Slice of American Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Stuffing
- ¾ Tablespoon Dried Cranberries
- 2oz deep fried green beans
- 2oz deep fried onions
- 2oz Turkey Gravy
- 1 Hamburger bun, sliced
- Form two 4-ounce patties from 8 ounces of ground turkey.
- Fold the slice of American cheese in fourths and stack the slices.
- Place the stacked cheese on one of the 4-ounce turkey patties, cover with stuffing and dried cranberries and place the second patty on top.
- Pinch the edges of the two patties together.
- Cook the Juicy Lucy on a standard griddle at 375 degrees, 10 minutes per side.
- Once the Juicy Lucy is cooked, place it on the bottom half of the bun.
- Smother the Juicy Lucy with Turkey Gravy and place deep fried onions and green beans on top.
- Cover with top half of bun.