GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. — Executive Chef Steve Johnson of Rock Elm Tavern stopped by the studio to share his pretzel charcuterie recipe, in honor of the Twins making the playoffs.
Steve says Rock Elm's flavor-forward menu is appealing to foodies and traditionalists alike.
Their dishes are inspired by classic tavern fare, which guests can wash down with a wide array of craft beers on tap, fine wines and mixed cocktails.
You can learn more about Rock Elm on their website.
- One large jumbo soft pretzel (or a couple smaller ones)
- 1 TBS melted butter
- Pinch of coarse sea salt (or large flake salt)
- 3oz blue cheese – crumbled from block
- 3oz colby jack cheese - sliced
- 2oz drained peppadews
- 2oz drained pepperoncini
- 2oz mixed olives
- 3oz salami slices
- 2oz beer cheese sauce
- 2oz whole grain mustard
- Warm pretzel in oven so it softens
- Brush melted butter onto warmed pretzel
- Sprinkle salt onto buttered pretzel
- Add accoutrements to pretzel openings and around platter
- Serve with mustard and cheese sauces in dipping cups
- Take a photo for the ‘gram and enjoy!
- Go Twins!