GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. — North Coop is a locally owned, southern inspired full-service restaurant featuring a full bar and scratch kitchen offering the freshest ingredients.
The 23 seat bar offers local beer on tap, many unique bourbon and whiskey selections, specialty drinks and a great wine list.
The company describes itself as a great place for meeting friends, watching the game, family brunch or lunch with girls.
Find more information on their website and enjoy some recipes below!
1 ½ cups Stone Ground White Grits
8 cups Whole Milk
2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
1 ea Bay Leaf
¼ cups Shredded Parmesan Cheese
½ cup Shredded Smoked Cheddar Cheese
1 tsp Salt
¼ tsp Pepper
- Heat milk and bay leaf in saucepan on medium heat.
- When this is warm slowly add grits and bring heat to low, whisking every 2 minutes until it becomes a pudding consistency.
- Finally add butter, parmesan cheese, smoked cheddar cheese, salt and pepper.
Coop Poaching Sauce
1 cup Canola Oil
1 tbsp Paprika
1 tsp Dried Rosemary
1 ½ tsp Oregano
1 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
¼ cup Original Louisiana Hot Sauce
¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Add all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl and whisk together
20 ea U-15 Shrimp, Peeled and deveined
All Poaching Sauce
- Place a large saute pan or large skillet over medium/low heat and add poaching sauce and heat.
- Add shrimp and baste with sauce for 3 minutes.
- Spoon grits into a large pasta style bowls and place shrimp on top of grits.
- Drizzle approximately 2 tbsp of poaching sauce around inside edge of each bowl and garnish with green onion and shredded parmesan cheese.
Find more food segments on our KARE 11 YouTube channel below.