August 4th through August 10th is National Farmers Market week.
There are more than 8,600 farmers markets across the country, with many to choose from in Minnesota.
Ryan Dodge, the executive chef with Life Time’s LifeCafe stopped by to showcase an easy caprese salad you can make with ingredients from your local farmers market.
- 3 tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 medium peaches, sliced
- 10–15 basil leaves
- 6 oz. burrata cheese, cut into pieces
- In a small bowl, combine vinaigrette ingredients and whisk thoroughly until blended.
- Place sliced tomatoes on a large plate and sprinkle with sea salt and black pepper. Add peaches and basil leaves and gently toss to coat.
- Top with burrata.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over the salad and serve.
Tomatoes and peaches both sweeten and soften as they ripen. To make your perfect pick, squeeze the fruit gently — it should have just a little give to it.
Credit to Life Time’s Experience Life Magazine