Confit Chicken Wings
Estimate 6 wings per person
120 chicken wings (will serve 20 people)
¼ cup of 5 spice (cinnamon, clove, star anise, Szechuan peppercorn, fennel seed)
¼ cup salt
2 gallons of chicken fat
4 cinnamon sticks
4 star anise
4 tablespoons Sichuan peppercorn
2 tablespoons fennel seeds
1. Toss the wings with the 5 spice and salt and let them sit overnight, uncovered
2. The next day place the wings in the melted chicken fat along with the cinnamon, Sichuan peppercorns star anise and fennel seeds and cover with foil.
3. Bake in the oven at 275 degrees for 2 hours
4. Let the chicken cool overnight in the chicken fat.
5. Warm up the wings and chicken fat and stain all the fat off. Pat the wings dry.
6. Right before serving, fry wings to order and toss in the hot orange chili glaze. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds.
Over the past 25+ years, D'Amico Catering has earned and maintained a reputation as the region's premier caterer, orchestrating more than 76,000 events, with a roster of clients that reads like a Twin Cities who's who. D’Amico Catering was founded by restaurateurs Richard and Larry D’Amico, whose accomplishments include five prestigious James Beard Awards nominations for their thriving portfolio of restaurants in the Twin Cities and Naples, Florida.
The D’Amico Catering team is comprised of many of the industry’s top culinary chefs and event planners. As perfectionists about what’s on the plate, D’Amico brings incomparable culinary experience and a reputation for impeccable service to the table. Using only the best, and local, organic and sustainable ingredients, D’Amico takes immense pride in creating original menus to suit all tastes and needs.