If you need a special side dish for a holiday dinner, these individual ramekins of sweet potatoes are delectable. This recipe, from Carole Jones of My Kitchen Escapades, will convert anyone into a sweet potato lover.
The instructions call for 7-ounce ramekins, but feel free to use any size that you have on hand. If they are smaller, just shorten the bake time, and if they are larger, add a few more minutes.
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 (10-ounce) bags frozen diced
- sweet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 41⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place six (7-ounce) ramekins on
a rimmed baking sheet and grease with nonstick spray.
2. Microwave sweet potatoes according to package directions,
then place in a large bowl. Mash with a potato
masher and add sugar, egg, cream, and vanilla. Mix well.
3. Divide sweet potato mixture among the prepared ramekins.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together flour and brown sugar.
Using a pastry cutter or two forks, cut butter into dry
ingredients until mixture is the size of small peas. Add
the pecans and toss to combine. Sprinkle topping over
the ramekins and bake until bubbly and topping begins to
brown, about 18 minutes. Serve immediately.