GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. — People are always grazing a bit while the turkey cooks, so today we're starting with some Thanksgiving appetizers.
Kowalkski's was in-studio to share a tasty sausage and sweet potato skewer recipe, which we've provided below.
You can learn more on their website.
SAUSAGE AND SWEET POTATO SKEWERS
- 14 oz. raw sweet potato, peeled, cut into ½" cubes
- Kowalski's Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for roasting the potatoes
- - kosher salt and freshly ground Kowalski's Black Peppercorns, to taste
- 12 oz. fully cooked sausage, such as Boar's Head Robust Italian Chicken Sausage, sliced into ½" coins
- Kowalski's Champagne Honey Mustard, for serving
Toss potatoes with olive oil until lightly coated; season with salt and pepper. Roast on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a preheated 450° oven until edges are browned and potatoes are tender (about 20 min.), turning once. Meanwhile, place sausage on another parchment-lined sheet pan and add to the oven when potatoes are about halfway done. Cook sausage until dark on the edges and very hot (about 10 min.). Alternate cubes of warm potato and slices of sausage on serving picks. Serve with mustard for dipping.
RELATED: RECIPE: Bel's brussel sprouts