GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. — Tria is a unique, French Americana-inspired dining destination just 15 minutes north of St. Paul. Their menu boasts seasonal ingredients that offer a fresh, regional American taste - along with an extensive wine list offering both selection variety and value.
Their dining room and patio (weather permitting) is open for dinner and Sunday brunch.
Tria Restaurant in North Oaks is celebrating Bastille Day July 13 to July 14 with special French-inspired menu items like bouillabaisse and lobster pot pie.
Visit their website for more information.
SEAFOOD BOUILLABAISE INGREDIENTS:
- Olive oil 1/8 Cup
- Garlic, minced fine 1/8 Cup
- Leeks, medium dice 2 Each
- Poblano, medium dice 1 Each
- Champignon de Paris (button mushrooms) quartered 3/4 Lb
- Celery, medium dice 2
- Ribs Tomato paste 1/8 Cup
- White wine 1 Cup
- Seafood stock or clam juice 1.5 quarts
- Tomatoes, canned and diced 2 quarts
- Saffron 1 tsp
- Bay leaves 2 Each
- Green onions, sliced thin 1
- Bunch Parsley,minced 1/4 Cup
- Thyme, fresh and minced 2 tsp
- Basil,chiffonade 1/4 Cup
- Salt and pepper 1 tbsp
SEAFOOD BOUILLABAISE PROCESS:
- Saute in oil, leeks, poblanos, garlic, celery, and mushrooms until soft.
- When vegetables are soft add tomato paste stir evenly and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Deglaze with white wine.
- Add canned tomatoes, seafood stock and saffron and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add herbs, green onions, and season to taste. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add seafood of choice to stock and poach until just done.
NOTE: We are using: Wild salmon, cod, scallops, mussels and shrimp. Any seafood will work. Serve with crusty baguette and rouille sauce