Mintahoe Catering & Events – Minnesota’s top pure catering company with more than 25 years of experience – is celebrating the grand opening of Inwood Oaks in Oakdale, the company’s first owned event venue and a landmark location with a storied past.
Inwood Oaks, formerly the Prom Center, has been beautifully remodeled to provide a fresh, elegant space with sleek, modern elements, state-of-the-art-lighting and A/V system along with Mintahoe Catering & Events’ award-winning food and libations, exceptional service and customized experience.
The venue features a grand ballroom and flexible spaces that can seat from 10 up to 1,000 guests, and can be transformed for any event from corporate meetings and trade shows to black tie galas and fundraisers to romantic weddings and more. Visit www.mintahoe.com or call 612.253.0255 for more information.
Cucumber Planked Smoked Salmon with Fresh Dill and Seasoned Cream Cheese
- One English Cucumber
- 6 oz cold smoked salmon [LOX]
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 4 sprigs fresh dill
- 12 capers for garnish and flavor
- Mix cream cheese and ½ of dill chopped in mixer with a dash of pepper
- Score cucumber and slice circles approximately ¼ inch thick
- Use a melon baller to just hollow out a bit of cucumber flesh in center
- Put softened cream cheese mixture in a pipping bag [or use a baggie and cut the corner]
- Pipe into hollow out space in cucumber
- Fold Lox and lay over cream cheese mixture top with fresh dill sprig and caper
Makes approximately 12 appetizers.
- 1 French baguette
- 1 tsp. Hoisen Sauce
- 2 T. aji mirin
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 2 T. sambal
- 1 T. sesame oil
- 1 T. fresh chopped cilantro
- Olive oil
- 8 oz. of diced yellow fin sushi grade tuna
- ½ diced avocado
- Slice baguette into thin slices
- Brush with olive oil
- Place on sheet pan and bake in 350 degree oven for 2-4 minutes until lightly toasted
- While baking, mix all ingredients together in stainless steel bowl with wire whisk
- Add 8 oz. of diced yellow fin sushi grade tuna and diced avocado
- Toss lightly
- Add a touch of lime juice
- Place on toasted crostini
- Garnish with a dollop of balsamic glaze, half a piece of ginger slice, a pinch of sliced scallions, and a dusting of black and white sesame seeds
Voila! Bon Appetite. This recipe makes approximately 15 appetizers.