GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. — Colorado peaches come around just once a year and now’s the time.
Kowalski's says the state's high altitude, enhanced sunshine, long warm days and cool, dry nights contribute to their amazing flavor.
Sue Moores, RD, Kowalski’s Markets Nutritionist offers the lowdown on peaches from a health benefits standpoint plus two easy, delicious recipes that feature this special fruit.
PEACH AND BROCCOLI SLAW INGREDIENTS
- 3 tbsp. Kowalski's Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- ¾ tsp. Kowalski's Pure Honey
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground Kowalski's Black Peppercorns
- 2 Colorado peaches, pitted and sliced
- 12 oz. pkg. broccoli slaw
- 2 tbsp. crumbled Israeli feta cheese
PEACH AND BROCCOLI SLAW PREPARATION
- In a large salad or mixing bowl, whisk together first 5 ingredients (through pepper).
- Stir in peaches and broccoli slaw.
- Garnish salad with cheese; serve immediately.
PEACH & BLACKBERRY COMPOTE WITH BASIL SYRUP INGREDIENTS
- 12 oz. blackberries
- 2 lbs. stone fruits (such as apricots, nectarines, cherries, plums or combination), pitted, thinly sliced
- 1 recipe Vanilla-Honey Syrup, to taste
PEACH & BLACKBERRY COMPOTE WITH BASIL SYRUP PREPARATION
- In a large serving bowl, toss fruit together; drizzle with Vanilla-Honey Syrup to taste. Serve immediately.
Good to Know: Find vanilla paste in the baking aisle or substitute an equal amount of vanilla extract.