The holiday season is a favorite time of year for many people, and with that comes family traditions and family recipes.
This Hot Buttered Rum recipe comes from my Aunt Kris. She's the Queen of Christmas and typically starts decorating for the holiday in October!
Every year, my aunt whips up these delicious drinks. They're a little sweet, and taste like all things Christmas. It's cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, and other spices mixed with creamy butter and spiced rum, can't be beat! This recipe also makes for great holiday gifts.
Spiced butter mix:
- 1 stick of butter room temp
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar (dark preferred but light is fine)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Pinch of salt
Mix ingredients together in a bowl until smooth. Store in a little jam jar in the fridge.
For the drink itself:
- 1 tablespoon (or more if you like) of the spiced butter mix
- 6 ounces of hot water
- And 2 ounces of rum (or big shot... why not?)
Mix together until combined. If you want to be fancy, add whipped topping. Enjoy!