MINNEAPOLIS — New charges have been filed in connection with the death of a Minneapolis realtor who was shot and killed on New Year's Eve.
The Hennepin County Attorney's Office has charged Elsa Segura, 28, with felony kidnapping in the death of Monique Baugh.
Prosecutors say Segura made a phone call that lured Baugh to a house showing in Maple Grove, where Baugh was abducted on Dec. 31 before she was found shot in a Minneapolis alley. Baugh died a short time later.
According to a criminal complaint, Segura used a false name when she left a voice message on Baugh's personal cell phone on Dec. 29 requesting the house showing, and made another call the next day to ask about the home.
According to the complaint, the phone that Segura was using had been purchased under the same false name on Dec. 29, and was only used to call Baugh's cell phone.
When questioned by police, the complaint states Segura said she remembered making the original call, and admitted it was her voice in the message on Baugh's phone.
The complaint says Segura is connected to a man suspected of shooting Baugh's boyfriend in a separate incident at Baugh's home on the same day as her death. Prosecutors have also made a connection between Segura and Cedric Berry, the man charged with aiding and abetting in Baugh's kidnapping and death.
The criminal complaint states Segura was recently released from custody, and there is a warrant out for her arrest.
Investigators are also continuing to search for another man suspected of involvement in Baugh's death, as well as the man suspected of shooting Baugh's boyfriend.