GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. — Attention Minnesota and western Wisconsin high schools!
We want to challenge you to help us reduce distracted driving in our communities by joining the KARE 11 #eyesUP Distracted Driving Campaign.
For the second year, we are asking high schools in the KARE 11 viewing area to take our #eyesUP High School PSA Challenge. This is a chance to use your voice and your storytelling skills to make your own Public Service Announcement (PSA).
A committee of KARE 11 employees will review submitted PSAs and select 11 winners. Each of the 11 winning PSAs will then air on KARE 11 through the summer and into the fall of 2019.
But wait! There's more…
Once the 11 winners are selected, KARE 11 will give the community a chance to watch and vote to select the top three PSAs that will receive a cash prize of $1,100 to be used by the winning schools to help promote distraction-free driving in their school and community.
- The #eyesUP High School PSA Challenge is open to submissions from any Minnesota or western Wisconsin high school
- Two release forms (Release form #1) (Release form #2) must be signed by all participants
- High schools are allowed to submit more than one PSA for consideration
- PSAs must be 15 seconds long
- Music to use in the PSA can be downloaded below:
How PSAs should be submitted:
- Upload your PSA to YouTube and send the link to email@example.com.
- Submissions are due by Wednesday, May 1, 2019.
- When you send the link, please include a document (PDF format) that includes a 500-word essay that explains how your school would use the #eyesUP High School PSA Challenge cash prize to help promote distraction-free driving in your school and/or community.
Need some ideas? Here are a few to think about:
- Giveaway items for students
- Bring in a speaker to your school who can speak to students about the dangers of distracted driving
- Start your own distracted driving club
- Donate to a nonprofit that is dedicated to distracted driving prevention
Be creative! We want to hear your ideas!
Below is a look at the top 11 PSAs from 2018 (App users can watch here!):