x
Breaking News
More () »

Police: Juveniles light fireworks display in Eagan Hy-Vee, cause fire

Officers said the group was arrested about half a mile away from the store. No one was hurt, but the store is closed for investigation and cleanup.

EAGAN, Minn. — Police say a group of juveniles lit a fireworks display inside an Eagan Hy-vee, causing a fire in the store. 

According to the Eagan Police Department, a call came in at about 2:19 p.m. Monday. The caller said that the juveniles lit a fireworks display inside the store, causing a fire and "considerable smoke."

The Eagan Fire Department arrived to put out the flames. As of 4 p.m. Monday, police said crews were ventilating the smoke out of the store. 

Police said the group was arrested about half a mile away from the store. 

No one was injured. Officers said the store remains closed as crews investigate and clean up. 

A spokesperson from Hy-Vee, Inc. said the company is referring inquiries about the fire to local police and fire departments. 

"We are very fortunate that no one was injured in this incident," the spokesperson said.

Paid Advertisement