MINNEAPOLIS — The city of Minneapolis began closing streets around Target Center ahead of President Trump's rally at Target Center on Thursday evening.
The following streets will be closed near Target Center, beginning 8 p.m. Wednesday:
- First Avenue North from Sixth Street North to Eighth Street North.
- Second Avenue North from Fifth Street North to 10th Street North.
- Sixth Street North between First Avenue North and Second Avenue North.
- Seventh Street North between Hennepin Avenue and 10th Street North; access to parking ramp will be provided.
- Twins Way between Seventh Street North and 10th Street North.
Interstate 394 to/from downtown access changes:
- Exit ramp to Sixth Street North will close 8 p.m. Wednesday.
- HOV entrance ramp at Third Avenue North and Fifth Street North will close 8 p.m. Wednesday.
- Access to Ramps A and B will close 9 a.m. Thursday. Ramps A and B may be accessed from local streets.
Street parking will be restricted in some areas to facilitate traffic, according to the city.
Metro Transit services are expected to be carried out as normal with detours as needed due to street closures. Users whose routes are affected and are subscribed to receive alerts will receive alerts Wednesday morning.
Shared scooter services will not be available Thursday in Minneapolis.