MINNEAPOLIS — To be eligible to vote in Minnesota, you must be 18 years old, a U.S. citizen, a resident of Minnesota for 20 days and finished with all parts of any felony sentence.
You can find your polling place and see if there are any upcoming elections for your address on the Minnesota Secretary of State’s website.
Follow these quick links to get yourself registered:
Register at your polling place with one proof of residence:
- An ID that has your current name and address
- A photo ID and a document with current name and address
- A registered voter who can confirm your address
- College student ID with housing list
- Valid registration in the same precinct
- Notice of late registration
- Staff person of a residential facility
You’ll need an email address, Minnesota driver’s license and Minnesota ID card.
Click the link to download an application in your preferred language.
Drop the finished application at your county election office or the Secretary of State's office:
Secretary of State
60 Empire Dr.
Saint Paul, MN 55103
The deadline to register in advance is 20 days before Election Day.
Think you're already registered to vote? You can check your registration status online.