SHAKOPEE, Minn. — The Shakopee Police Department said the roof of a Super 8 collapsed Tuesday evening over the pool area.
Authorities said there were no injuries, but guests are being evacuated because the collapse happened near a gas meter. There are no gas leak reports.
Professionals who are examining the structure of the building said they are not certain if it was snow that caused the collapse. They said the amount of snow on the roof was not large.
Police said the roof had been flagged as sagging earlier in the day so the pool was shut down as precaution.