If you have to travel on I-494 this weekend, brace yourself for traffic.
MNDot says eastbound and westbound lanes will be closed in certain points along the highway.
I-494 South St. Paul to Mendota Heights
- Right lane of I-494 closed at Hwy 52 interchange from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly through mid-August.
- WB I-494 reduced to two lanes between Bailey Rd. and Hwy 61 through late summer 2019.
- WB I-494 reduced to three lanes between Hwy 61 and 7th Ave. through late summer 2019.
- EB I-494 reduced to two lanes between 7th Ave. and Hwy 61 through mid-August.
- Concord St. open to two lanes in each direction between Richmond St. and Villaume Ave., turn lanes remain closed, through summer 2019.
- Ramps to/from WB I-494 and Concord St. closed through summer 2019.
The following ramps are closed through mid-August:
- 5th/7th Ave. to EB I-494
- Concord St. to/from EB I-494
- Hwy 52 ramps, loops and collector lane to/from WB I-494 are closed from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. nightly
MNDot has a full list of weekend traffic impacts for the Twin Cities and surrounding metro on their website.