Want to see 12 days and nights of great entertainment without dropping a dime (OK, besides general gate admission)? The Minnesota State Fair is just 15 weeks away.
On Wednesday talent bookers at the Great Minnesota Get-Together released their 2019 Free Entertainment lineup. Highlights include the Leinie Lodge Bandshell Tonight roster featuring 80s pop princess Belinda Carlisle, 60s hitmakers Peter Noone and Herman's Hermits, the Twin Cities own Dessa, country chart busters Lonestar and a Tribute to Queen by Gary Mullen and the Works.
Here is a breakdown of what you can see for free.
Leinie Lodge Bandshell Tonight! sponsored by Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Co. Bandshell Tonight! (shows begin at 8:30 p.m.)
- Belinda Carlisle (Aug. 22 & 23)
- Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone (Aug. 24 & 25)
- Lonestar (Aug. 26 & 27)
- One Night of Queen Performed by Gary Mullen & The Works (Aug. 28 & 29)
- Tony! Toni! Toné! (Aug. 30 & 31)
- Dessa (Sept. 1 & 2)
Leinie Lodge Bandshell daytime entertainment (sponsored by Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Co.)
- Dawson Hollow
- Mac McAnally
- Chubby Carrier and the Bayou Swamp Band
- Chad Przybylski and his Polka Rhythms
- The Quebe Sisters
- Brandon Lay
- The 34th Infantry Division “Red Bull” Band
- AC Jones
- The War and Treaty
- Mollie B & Squeezebox
- Tonic Sol-fa
- Colt Ford
- Jaida Dreyer
- Bill Kirchen and Redd Volkaert
- Lucky Chops
- Matt’s Family Jam
- The Peterson Brothers
- The BB King Blues Band Featuring “The Voice” Michael Lee
- The Sound Exchange
- MSF Amateur Talent Contest Semifinals sponsored by JACK’S® Pizza
West End at Sunset at the Schell’s Stage at Schilling Amphitheater (sponsored by August Schell Brewing Co.)
- Nooky Jones
- Early Eyes
- Aby Wolf
- Pert Near Sandstone
- First Avenue Goes To The Fair
- Jaedyn James & The Hunger
Schell’s Stage at Schilling Amphitheater at West End Market daytime entertainment (sponsored by August Schell Brewing Co.)
- MNHS presents History On-A-Schtick
- Sarah Morris
- Joyann Parker
- Mentalist Noah Sonie
- The Minnesota State Fiddle Contest
- Sawyer’s Dream
- Hit Ticket
- USAF Band of Mid-America Starlifter
- Six Mile Grove
- Fantastick Patrick
- Fab 6: A Beatles Tribute
- Pushing Chain
- The Kate Escape
- Minnesota Americana-Roots Music Contests
- Craig Clark Band
- John Bush
- Craig Ebel & DyVersaCo
- The Galactic Cowboy Orchestra
Bazaar After Dark at the International Bazaar Stage (sponsored by Summit Brewing Co.)
- Westside Band
- Kat Perkins
- Free Fallin – A Tribute to Tom Petty
International Bazaar Stage daytime entertainment (sponsored by Summit Brewing Co.)
- Cheremosh Ukrainian Dance Ensemble
- Papa Shalita
- Native Pride Dancers
- Chuck Thiel & His Jolly Ramblers
- Blue Book Band
- Dirty Shorts Brass Band
- Grupo Mio
- Patrick Adams
- VocalEssence Singers Of This Age
- Tom Mason and the Blue Buccaneers
Ramberg Music Cafe Stage (sponsored by Cal Spas)
- The Fairlanes
- Steve Noonan
- Tony Cuchetti
- Rich Lewis Band
- Jim Berner’s Music Legends
- Vicky Emerson
- Big Bob Scoggin
- Tim Patrick and his Blue Eyes Band
- Honky-Tonk Jump
- The Christopher David Hanson Band
- Bill & Kate Isles
- Jolly Zuks
Family Fair Stage at Baldwin Park (sponsored by Green Mill Restaurant)
- Sean Emery
- Break-Shop Bump’n
- Greg Frisbee
- The Chipper Experience
- Kenny Ahern
- Babaloo Music & Fun
- The Dollipops
- Six Appeal
- MSF County Fair Talent Contest
Other free entertainment venues and highlights include:
- All-Star Stunt Dogs Splash and Timberworks Lumberjack Show at The North Woods sponsored by Good Health Saunas.
- Laser Encore’s Laser Hitz Show, where high-powered laser beams choreographed to hit music dance in the skies above the fairgrounds nightly at 9:15 p.m.
- Mia Dorr’s Premier Karaoke in The Garden sponsored by Treasure Island Resort & Casino.
- The daily parade at 2 p.m. with floats, special guests and the State Fair High School Marching Band Competition, sponsored by McDonald’s.
- 3rd Lair SkatePark’s pros showing off skateboard and BMX bike skills at its new location at Adventure Park.
- The Festival of Nations Demonstration Stage presented by The International Institute of Minnesota, a showcase of dance and music from around the world.
- Arts A’Fair, a celebration of performing arts in Minnesota with dance, theater and musical showcases.
- The Giant Sing Along, allowing fair guests to sing together in a field of microphones – karaoke style.
- Thank A Farmer Magic Show sponsored by Minnesota Livestock Breeders Association and Minnesota Farm Bureau Foundation on the Christensen Farms Stage, where children of all ages learn about the role agriculture plays in our daily lives.
The full lineup of free entertainment, including additional acts, showtimes and artist information is available at the MN State Fair website.