GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. — Few comfort foods can get people fired up like a good bowl of Mac and Cheese.
On this week's KARE in the Kitchen the purveyor of what may be the Twin Cities' favorite blend came in to share their secret with Alicia Lewis. We're talking Smack Shack, and their infamous Lobster Mac and Cheese.
The recipe is below, if you'd care to take a run at it.
Lobster Mac & Cheese with Tallegio and Sweet Corn
Copyright: Smack Shack
Recipe author: Josh Thoma
- Four 1 ½ Pound Maine Lobsters.
- 3/4 Cup White Wine
- 3/4 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Sweet Corn cut from cob and blanched
- 2 Cups Shredded Fontina Cheese
- 1 Cup Taleggio Cheese rind removed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 Pound Elbow Macaroni
- 1/2 Cup Toasted Panko Bread Crumbs
- 1/4 Cup Rough Chopped Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
- Add Lobsters to salted boiling water and cook for 9 minutes or until the tail has reached an internal temp of 145 degrees. Remove and place in an ice bath for 5 minutes. Shell and chop meat into bite sized pieces.
- Add white wine to sauce pan and cook until almost completely reduced. Add heavy cream and do the same. Over very low heat, slowly add the butter. After butter is completely melted, slowly add the shredded Fontina cheese until melted. Next add the Taleggio cheese until melted.
- Cook Pasta in salted water until almost done (al dente). Drain and add to large pot. Add lobster and sweet corn and heat until all ingredients are warm. Add cheese sauce.
- Plate in individual servings and garnish with parsley and bread crumbs.
Serving Size: 6
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 30 min
Total Time: 1 hour