The approach of Fall means it's nearing time to harvest Minnesota's cold-climate grape crop.
And what better way to celebrate that seasonal milestone than by visiting Round Lake Vineyards for their annual Harvest Festival and Grape Stomp, Saturday August 24 from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. There is wine (of course), food, music, grape stomping, yoga and more. Admission is only $5, and kids are free.
Vineyard owner Jenny Ellenbecker and Executive Chef Brendan Waltz stopped by KARE 11 Saturday to whip up an amazing batch of Mexican Street Corn, and have Bel stomp on a vat full of grapes. What a great way to wind up the show!
Mexican Street Corn
- Half dozen ears fresh sweet corn
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 can chipotle pepper in adobo, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1 cup cojita cheese, crumbled (or feta)
- Remove silk from corn and pull back husks, do no remove husks. Store in water in shallow water until ready to grill.
- In a separate bowl, mix mayo, chipotles, cilantro, paprika, chili powder, lime juice and zest, salt and pepper.
- Char corn on grill for 5 minutes per side.
- Brush corn with chipotle lime mayo. Finish corn with cojita cheese crumbled over top. Serve hot.