EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. — Moviegoers were forced to evacuate Wednesday evening after a small fire broke out near the AMC Theater at Eden Prairie Center.
According to the Eden Prairie Fire Department, the fire occurred around 7:45 p.m. in a back hallway behind the AMC theater, where it was quickly controlled by the sprinkler system installed inside the mall.
The fire caused light smoke in the mall, but heavy smoke in the back hallway.
Authorities say there were no injuries and no other businesses in the mall were evacuated. The theater is expected to reopen Thursday.