GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. — Acqua is an Italian restaurant located in White Bear Lake. Chef Gabby Augustine is here to demonstrate how to make seared scallops and tiger shrimp with pancetta and Sicilian butter sauce. You can check out their full menu and accommodations on their website.
Details on the recipes demonstrated in our segment are located below.
SCALLOPS AND TIGER SHRIMP WITH PANCETTA INGREDIENTS:
- 3 U-10 Massachusetts Day Boat Sea Scallops
- 12-15 Black Tiger Shrimp
- Herb Panko
- Tri-Colored Fingerling Potatoes
SCALLOPS AND TIGER SHRIMP WITH PANCETTA PROCESS:
- Sear presentation side of scallops for 4 minutes at 500 degrees, turn.
- Add shrimp to pan and cook 2 minutes, top scallops with herb panko and cook for 1 minute, remove scallops, rest scallops and turn shrimp.
- Add pancetta and par-cooked tri-colored fingerling potatoes to pan.
- Cook shrimp for 2 additional minutes.
- Remove Shrimp and continue cooking pancetta and potatoes for an additional 2 minutes.
- Plate Scallops and Shrimp alternating with Pancetta and Potatoes, Sauce with Sicilian Butter and top with Microgreens.
SICILIAN WHITE WINE BUTTER SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 1T Minced Garlic
- 4 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 1G Heavy Cream
- 2 Unsalted Butter (Cubed, keep cold)
SICILIAN WHITE WINE BUTTER SAUCE PROCESS:
- In medium size pan, sweat garlic and thyme to aroma (no color).
- Deglaze with white wine, add heavy and reduce by half.
- Remove from heat and fold in cold cubed butter, stir until incorporated.
- Check seasoning at end of reduction process.