Mother of two and Kowalski’s Culinary Director Rachael Perron is back in studio with the perfect school night meal solution that’s a throwback parents will enjoy as much as their kids.
EASY CHEESY BEEF NOODLES
- 1 lb. Kowalski's Certified Humane 93% Extra-Lean USDA Choice Ground Beef
- Kosher salt and freshly ground Kowalski's Black Peppercorns, to taste
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups beef stock
- 16 oz. Kowalski's Signature Fresh Pomodoro Sauce
- 12 oz. dumpling egg noodles
- 3-4 cups hot water, as needed
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- 6 oz. (about 1 ½ cups) Kowalski's Shredded Co-Jack Cheese
- Freshly grated Kowalski's Signature Parmesan Cheese, for serving
- Fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
- In an extra-large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble beef until well browned (about 3-5 min.).
- Season beef with salt and pepper; add crushed red pepper, if using.
- Sprinkle in flour; cook and stir for 1 min.
- Stir in stock and sauce; bring to a boil.
- Stir in noodles; add just enough water to barely cover the noodles.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender and sauce is reduced and slightly thickened (about 8 min.).
- Stir in cream; heat through (about 2 min.).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle in Co-Jack cheese; stir until melted (about 2 min.).
- Serve immediately with Parmesan and pepper at the table.