GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. — Minnesota’s own Bushel Boy Farms has partnered with Chef Mike DeCamp to create a special dish benefiting Second Harvest Heartland. Check out the recipe below.
VEAL PARMIGIANA INGREDIENTS:
- 4 veal chops, pounded thin
- 4 cups red sauce (recipe follows)
- 2 large fresh mozzarella balls
- Fresh basil to garnish
- Salt and pepper
VEAL PARMIGIANA PROCESS:
- Season the veal chops with salt and pepper and sear them in a cast iron pan.
- Once they are medium rare, cover them with the red sauce and top with pieces of cheese.
- Place the smothered veal chop under the broiler (in oven) to brown the cheese.
- Garnish with fresh basil and EVOO
RED SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 2T EVOO
- 1 Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1t Chopped Fresh Thyme
- 1 Fresh Bay Leaf
- 1T Whole Fennel Seed
- 1T Whole Coriander Seed
- 1t Chili Flake
- 1T Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1t Ground Black Pepper
- 2T Harissa
- 1 pound of fresh vine on Bushel Boy vine-on tomatoes
- Salt to Taste
RED SAUCE PROCESS:
- Sweat onion and garlic in EVOO.
- Add thyme, bay leaf, fennel seed, coriander, chili flakes, Italian seasoning and black pepper and cook until well toasted.
- Add in the harissa and tomatoes and cook down until thickened to your liking.
- Pass through a food mill and season to taste with salt.
You can check out the websites for the organizations and individuals mentioned in this segment, below.