EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. — Pizza Karma, newly opened in Eden Prairie, puts a new twist on a classic favorite.
The restaurant prepares pizza with global flavors and unique sauces on naan crusts baked in clay-lined tandoor ovens.
Pizza Karma contributes to the community by donating a portion of their proceeds to local charitable organizations. Their motto is "eat globally, give locally, and feel good."
Pizza Karma is located at 8451 Joiner Way in Eden Prairie.
Chef Raghavan Iyer, a James Beard award-winning cookbook author and creator of the Pizza Karma concept and menu, shows us how to make his Naan Pizza.
Recipe for Naan Pizza:
Ingredients – 1 serving
• 1 piece of naan (can source in most grocery stores)
• 1/2 cup of pizza sauce (or pesto, or your own creation)
• 1/2 cup protein (chicken, shrimp, pepperoni, etc.)
• 1/2 cup vegetables (try roasting the vegetables before adding)
• 1/4 cup cheese (fresh mozzarella, shredded cheese of your choice)
1. Follow directions from the naan package for heating the oven and cooking time.
2. Spread a thin layer of sauce evenly on the naan
3. Add your protein, vegetables and cheese
4. Put the naan pizza in the oven until cheese is bubbling. It will cook quickly
5. Slice into pieces and enjoy!